No DUI Larimer
Join Our Mission
The No DUI Larimer coalition and campaign was born out of the need to address the problem of impaired driving in our community. Larimer County is one of only three communities in Colorado who has been awarded funds from The Colorado Office of Behavioral Health Persistent Drunk Driving and Law Enforcement Assistance Fund grants. The goal is to prevent driving under the influence of alcohol or other substances by increasing community responsibility for safe and responsible driving.
Partners, who absorbed this project from the former nonprofit, Team Wellness & Prevention, is the lead agency on this five-year project which is now in its fourth year. Partners has engaged a steering committee, and named the project NO DUI LARIMER.
Areas of focus for this group include:
- A media campaign that increases the community’s understanding of its role to prevent drunk and drugged driving
- Changing local conditions to promote responsible and safe driving
- Integrating DWAI/DUI messaging with promotion of local dining and drinking to be responsive to climate of businesses post COVID19
- Collaborating with law enforcement efforts and agencies, and formalizing county-wide collaboration
- Using GIS mapping for strategic planning of enforcement and integration with public messaging campaign
Every day, almost 30 people in the United States die in drunk-driving crashes, that’s one person every 50 minutes. In 2019 more than 8,500 people were arrested for driving under the influence in Colorado. A needs assessment completed in October 2018 found that DUI/DWAI offenses are a significant issue in Larimer County due to a number of factors on which the dedicated members of the steering committee will focus through education, outreach, and policy change.
Want to receive information on No DUI Larimer? Please email Vanessa Lewis, Resource Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org